URPE ACTIVITIES: URPE at the Easterns, Call for Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS AND SESSIONS!
URPE Panels at the 13th Annual URPE @ EEA (Eastern Economics Association) Annual Conference
February 28 – March 3, 2019
New York Sheraton Hotel, New York
URPE members are invited to submit entire organized sessions or individual papers to URPE for our participation in this year's 45th Eastern Economics Association Annual Conference to be held in New York, February 28 - March 3, 2019. (see Eastern Economic Association conference website for more information).
ORGANIZED SESSIONS – INCLUDING DISCUSSANTS if desired – ARE ESPECIALLY WELCOME AND STRONGLY ENCOURAGED!
(We target building sessions of 3 papers given the short sessions (1 hour 20 minutes), but they can be 4. (Proposals with 3 can have a 4th added if either URPE receives a related single paper proposal that fits there and nowhere else, or if the EEA is short on rooms and asks us to try to make all panels 4 papers, as they did in 2017 – but again, in general we aim for 3 papers per panel.)
In its thirteen year, URPE @ EEA is continuing to provide a forum for URPE members and economists across the heterodox spectrum to meet and engage each other, and continue to develop the frontiers of radical economic theory.
The DEADLINE for single paper and complete panel proposals to URPE for presentation in the URPE panels at the Easterns is November 15, 2018.
Please make all inquiries about submissions to Al Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org or Scott Carter at email@example.com.
Rules and Notes for submissions to URPE at EEA:
1. All presenters must be dues-paying URPE members by the time of the deadline (November 15, 2018). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about membership.
2. URPE membership is not a requirement for discussants but is strongly encouraged because of our good working relation with the EEA.
3. For a proposal to be considered for acceptance it must clearly indicate the full names, email addresses, and institutional affiliations of the participants (including the discussants). The titles of the papers, detailed abstracts, and -- if available -- working drafts and/or completed papers, as well as suggested names for the sessions (in the case of complete panel proposals) must also be submitted. All this is indicated on the Electronic Proposal Form.
- Submit your proposal for participation in the URPE at EEA panels for a paper or panel to the location on the URPE Web site indicated above. Do not submit a proposal for a paper to the EEA. If you do that then the paper will get double listed, on the URPE@EEA panels and on another panel designated by the EEA.
- Register for attendance at the conference at the EEA Web site. This is the second step listed there for submitting a paper proposal (again, do not submit a paper proposal directly to the EEA), and one can go directly to this second step without submitting a paper proposal to the EEA. The direct address for registering (or getting EEA membership) is http://eeaorg.myshopify.com/collections/conference-registration-and-event-tickets.
- Note membership in the EEA is not necessary, but like many groups, they give a lower conference rate registration rate to members to motivate conference presenters to join the EEA. It cost $60 more to register if not a member, and $65 for the standard membership with journal delivered on-line and $70 for print journal delivery (and less for graduate students or retired people). URPE encourages participants to join the EEA.
- Note the conference registration fee is lower if you register with the EEA for the conference by the “early bird” conference registration deadline of October 15, but one can register (again, at a higher rate) any time up to and including on arrival at the conference (onsite registration). Again, registering to attend (done to the EEA on their site) and submitting a proposal for a paper (done to URPE on the URPE Web site) are two separate actions.
See the Eastern Economic Association website for general logistical information about the conference.