From Edward Elgar
& Sergio Rossi
This important new book introduces students to the fundamental ideas of heterodox economics, presented in a clear and accessible way by top heterodox scholars. It offers not only a critique of the dominant approach to economics, but also a positive and constructive alternative. Students interested in an explanation of the real world will find the heterodox approach not only satisfying, but ultimately better able to explain a money-using economy prone to periods of instability and crises.
Key features of this textbook include:
• A non-conventional understanding of economic analysis on a number of relevant topics
• Deep and convincing criticism of orthodox thinking
• Discussion of the crucial importance of money, banking and finance today
• Analysis of the roots of the 2008 global financial crisis
• A presentation of the features of sustainable development.
Students of economics at all levels can use this textbook to deepen their understanding of the heterodox approach, the fundamental roots of the 2008 global financial crisis and the need to rethink economics afresh.
See rest here