40th Annual North American Labor History Conference
October 18-20, 2018
Wayne State University
The Program Committee of the North American Labor History Conference (NALHC), an international conference with a global perspective on labor and working-class history, invites proposals for case studies, project demonstrations, papers, panels, round-tables, and workshops on the theme Labor and History in the 21st Century for our fortieth anniversary annual meeting.
Conference sessions will assess the state and future of labor and the labor movement from the perspective of the past forty years. It will revolve around a series of keynote sessions that evaluate crucial topics and will include as well current and on-going research across the broad range of labor and working class history. Topics might include (but are certainly not limited to):
- New Approaches to Working-Class And Labor History
- Challenges Confronting the 21st Century Labor Movement in Historical Perspective
- 1978 and 2018: Forty Years of Labor And Labor History
- Crucial Decades in Labor and Working Class History: Turning Points or Dead Ends?
- New Voices in Labor/Labor History
- Then and Now: Evolving Working Class, Transforming Labor Struggle
- Remembering Labor
- Labor and Working Class History in the Changing Economic and Educational Landscape
- Labor and Work in Higher Education
- Public History and Labor History in the Classroom
- Public History of Labor and Working-Class Social Movements
- Collaborations between Academics, Practitioners, and/or Activists and Organizers in Supporting Labor in these Times
We invite proposals from any discipline and from scholars, practitioners, and activists working in any geographical or temporal framework. We welcome all forms of conversation, and we encourage proposals for non-traditional session formats. Proposals for complete sessions should include a one-page session description and a one-page cv for each participant. Proposals for individual presentations should include a one-paragraph abstract and a one-page cv.
Submissions should be sent as a single PDF file by April 15, 2018 to email@example.com
See more here